Firstly, thank you for your purchase. Now that you have invested in quality hair extensions and wigs, here are a few maintenance instructions that will make your hair extensions and wigs last longer and look better.
Our virgin human hair extensions and wigs require the same care as your own natural hair. With that being said would you leave bleach in your own natural hair for more than 30 minutes? We are guessing that you would not because it would cause extreme breakage. We hope that we've made our point!
Personal Message from Owner:
"Take care of your hair extensions and wigs, have fun, look fabulous and feel confident." - B.R.G.B
Hair Care and Maintenance Instructions for Wigs & Hair Extensions
Prep for Hair Extensions: Before washing your hair extensions make sure that the wefts (not hair) are properly detangled and add a rubber band or clip to help secure the wefts into place. (Tip: try rolling the hair extensions in the same bundle form, i.e how you originally received it.)
Prep for Lace Wigs (All wigs): Completely soak or drench your wig in water, ensure the wig is completely wet. If there is glue on the lace of your wig DO NOT USE ALCOHOL TO REMOVE IT. Ensure the lace on the wig is also wet, the glue will eventually soften and would be easy to remove.
- Shampoo: Apply a small amount of shampoo; using your fingers, distribute the shampoo evenly throughout the hair.
- Rinse: Rinse the hair under a gentle stream of warm water until no shampoo or suds remain. To avoid tangling, ensure that the water flows from the top or base to the ends of the hair. Remove the excess water by gently blotting with a towel.
- Condition: Apply a moderate amount of conditioner, using your fingers to evenly distribute it throughout the hair. Based on the state of the hair apply as much as you need!
- Detangle: Using a wide-tooth comb or deman brush, working from the ends of the hair to the base, gently remove tangles. You can also use your fingers to detangle.
- Rinse: Rinse the hair under a gentle stream of warm water until no conditioner remains. To avoid tangling, ensure that the water flows from the top or base to the ends of the hair. Remove the excess water by gently blotting with a towel.
- Deep Conditioner: If your hair extensions or wigs need a deeper conditioning treatment, use the appropriate deep conditioner. This applies to Human Hair. Condition and rinse as directed above.
- Dry: Remove excess water by gently patting and pressing with a soft towel. Do not wring, squeeze, twist, or rub the hair. Using a wide-tooth comb or deman brush, gently engage in downward strokes carefully combing the wet hair. Begin a bit above the ends of the hair and comb downward. Do one section at a time, always combing downward. Never begin combing at the top or middle. Once combed, allow the hair to dry completely overnight, preferably not in direct sunlight. The hair should be placed either on a clean, dry towel or a wig stand.
- Styling: Style as normal. We recommend that you style using products that as alcohol-free and apply heat within temperatures 300 - 430 degrees. Use heat in moderation.